Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day : 11/11/11

"At Veterans Day events across the country, people in the United States gathered today to honor the millions of men and women who have served or are serving in the nation's armed forces."

Veteran's Day has never stuck out to me as a big holiday. I do not usually do anything in particular to celebrate the holiday. In fact, if you asked me randomly which day Veteran's Day was held on I most likely would not know. I do have an uncle who is in the Army right now stationed in Virginia. Knowing this, I should probably appreciate Veteran's Day more because I do have a loved one serving our country. The other way I remember Veteran's Day is from the shopping sales. Last night and this morning, I received numerous emails from the stores and websites that I shop at giving me promotional codes and telling me to take advantage of their Veteran's Day sales. That sums up how I celebrate Veteran's Day every year, however, I will always support our troops and pray for their families!


No comments:

Post a Comment